2016-2017 Parent - Student - Teacher Agreement
In order to build a full partnership with parents and share the responsibility for improved student achievement, we agree to the following:
Parents-- I agree to carry out the following responsibilities to the best of my ability:
- Monitor and assist with my child's nightly reading practice (sign reading logs).
- Ensure that my child has good attendance with few tardies or early sign-outs.
- Attend at least one parent conference and one parent event this school year.
- Encourage good student behavior and support school personnel in its efforts to maintain proper discipline.
- Check for quality and completion of homework.
- Stay informed by ready, and responding if necessary, to school communications (such as Student Planners).
- Come to school with a positive attitude and try to do my personal best.
- Be a good role model by knowing and following school/class rules.
- Limit my TV watching and use of electronic games.
- Work hard to complete my assignments as best as I can.
- Share notes and other information with my parents/guardians.
- Provide and safe and positive classroom environment.
- Provide motivating learning experiences for my students.
- Do my best to meet the individual needs of my students.
- Communicate/conference with parents/guardians/students to ensure student success.
- Help all students to develop a love of learning.